Thursday, June 28, 2007

The Queen of Romance

A friend and I are reading this book together. Romancing Your Husband. We've decided to meet weekly for Bible study and discussion. This past Tuesday was our first meeting, where we read the first chapter, and I tell ya, it grabbed us both. Her and I have discussed before how it seems a man needs physical intimacy to achieve emotional intimacy, but for a woman it is the other way around. We always lament- I want my husband to romance me, to pursue me. Yet he rarely does. The first chapter in this book covered this topic so well. She put the golden Rule on a Romantic level. If you want your husband to romance you...Romance HIM!

So our homework for this week is to do something romantic for our husbands. I haven't decided what to do yet, but I have already made small changes in my attitude and the way I treat Aaron. And, believe it or not, He's changed a tad as well. Its hopeful for me...but we have trouble with consistency in our household, so we'll see how long it lasts.

So...I'm cheating a bit. *grin* Anyone have any cheap (read:practically free) romantic ideas for me? I've done the hidden love notes, candle lit dinners, I want something different , and something that will just shock him! :) Leave me a comment!

I leave you with this:

Matthew 7:12 : So in EVERYTHING , do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.
(emphasis mine)

Go forth and be "The Queen of Romance"

0 comments: